Earn & Learn in the Solar Industry with ITE Work-Study Diploma
Our students, with Sunseap's Instructors!
By Rinn TeoDecember 14, 2020
What if you can study and earn an income at the same time in the solar industry, wouldn't that be great? You will be able to do so via the Work-Study Diploma Program, and with Sunseap!
About ITE's Work-Study Diploma Program (WSD)
The Work-Study Diploma is a program that leverages on ITE's core values in learning by doing – emphasizing on a hands-on approach. Graduates will be able to gain a head-start in their respective industry by juggling between both work and study at the same time. This earn-and-learn program also allows students to continue upskilling themselves through certified (fully sponsored and nationally recognized) Diploma courses while enjoying a stable income, employee benefits, full sponsorship of ITE training and a clear career pathway.
On top of that, Students will also be able to get an incentive of $5000 when they sign up if they qualify.
The program also aims to help students develop key competencies and bridge the gaps between theory and work practice in the workforce, through a participating company like Sunseap.
Sunseap as a Certified On-The-Job Training Centre (COJTC)
Sunseap employees with staffs from ITE (Before the COVID-19 pandemic)
As Singapore's largest solar developer, Sunseap Group has plentiful opportunities for employees to expand their horizon in the solar industry. We have a portfolio of pipeline and completed projects that is close to 2 Gigawatt-peak (GWp) of solar projects in Singapore and around the South East Asia and Pacific region. Employees will have exposure to the latest technologies and have first-hand experience in learning how to apply them.
As a Certified On-The-Job Training Centre (COJTC), Sunseap will provide the following:
- • Develop a quality workforce through structured OJT training
- • Review the quality of in-house OJT training programmes
- • Issue certificates with COJTC hallmark to employees as recognition of training
- • Access to software for maintaining training documentation that is developed by ITE
- • Allow employees entry into relevant mechanical-based Nitec programmes if they have completed at least 60 hours of structured OJT under a COJTC
- • Showcase the following documentation of past training activities for review:
- 1. OJT Plan/Schedule of at least 3 months,
- 2. OJT record undertaken by employees, and
- 3. OJT training programmes
- • Assign employees to take up the following roles in the training system:
- 1. OJT Administrator to oversee the OJT system,
- 2. OJT Programme Developer, and
- 3. OJT Instructor
At the end of the day what this means is that after going through this structure program, you will be well equipped with the right skillset to a sought after role in the solar industry.
Collaboration Between ITE and Sunseap
Every student who has joined Sunseap under this program had passed the course with flying colours. These students who have been through the WSD Program will also continue working with Sunseap.
Video on the completion of the latest OJT program with ITE.
Check out our video
CEO of Sunseap, Mr. Frank Phuan is thrilled in being able to contribute to the local workforce in solar. "This is our first step towards the engagement with ITE to hire 300 Solar Technicians/Specialists for the purpose of increasing our solar installations in Singapore," said Mr. Phuan.
The WSD does not just allow the students to gain structured on-the-job training and gain hands-on skills, but it also secures a pathway for them in their respective industry. By tapping on ITE's talent pool, Sunseap will be able to hire and train local talents by upskilling them with the necessary skillset and prepare them for entry to the workforce.
Click here to find out more about the WSD program if you wish to be in our next intake!
SGUnited Job Fair for Solar Jobs – 17 December 2020
Come on down and speak to us at the NTUC x e2i Job fair that will be held on the 17th of Dec 2020. Bring along your Resume and NRIC!
Details are as follows:
- Date: 17 Dec 2020 (Thursday)
- Time: 8:30am – 3pm (Last registration at 2pm)
- Venue: Singapore Sustainability Academy
180 Kitchener Road, #06-10 (above City Square Mall), Singapore 208539
Please register here to book your interview slot.